Dryer Balls

Projects have been done the past couple months and forgotten along the way. Here is one I remember: I bought a number of wool sweaters on Dollar Day at the thrift store, and cut them up for felting. The cuffs and scrap pieces I rolled into balls, and stitched closed. Now I've got wool dryer balls! I like 'em.

I also bought fermenting grains from Cultures for Health for the first time. I tried making water kefir, but forgot to read the instructions about "waking up" the dehydrated grains, and shocked them by adding extra ingredients immediately. They got slimey and I couldn't recover them. I also tried milk kefir, which I had great success with previously, but now I drink raw milk and you have to sort of wean the kefir grains off processed milk, which I just didn't have the attention for, so I eventually threw them away because they just never took. In my opinion, you're better off getting robust living grains from a friend than buying them dehydrated in a little pouch, but not everyone has a source. I just got more water kefir grains yesterday, so I'll try that again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates