Successful immune support

On Monday morning I was sneezy, thinking it was fall allergies, but by Monday night I had a sore throat and knew more was coming. Tuesday morning I had head and muscle aches, sore throat, exhaustion. Here's what I did to prevent a cold/flu from hitting full force:


  • Take 3 doses of Oscillococcinum at 2-hour intervals
  • Vitamin C powder in my morning hot drink. 
  • Dash of spirulina and diatomaceous earth in my breakfast smoothie
  • Chopped up a piece of garlic, added it to a spoonful of manuka honey, and downed it raw
  • Drank a few cups of echinacea tea
  • Take a bath with epsom salt and Good Samaritan essential oil
  • Lay down when I felt tired (I treasure this luxury as it will likely be my last opportunity to nurse a cold without any childcare responsibilities). 
  • Tried the neti pot before bed, which was not successful and just burned my nasal passages.


I actually felt a little better by the time I went to bed. I have had a bit of a runny nose today, but I think I diverted the worst of it.

This is me and my Grandma a few years ago. She finished living yesterday. She liked to cut out newspaper clippings for us about health problems we had, like poison ivy, and how to treat them. I also have her Complete Book of Home Remedies that was the stuff of early 90s infomercials, with her post-it bookmarks in them. She was the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates