Wool'd you Rather?

I have been collecting old wool sweaters for a few years, including from one amazing $1 sale at Salvation Army last winter when I got some very nice, big wool sweaters for cheap. I love wool!

My hope for a while was to make a pieced wool blanket. In late April I finally had enough wool and did the work of cutting them up, felting them in the wash, and cutting them into squares. A rotary cutter was essential to this process. Then, it sat in the corner for about 5 months. Finally last weekend I got around to sewing them up! Here it is, clumsily draped over the couch.
 I haven't cut off stray threads yet or put the backing on, but I am pleased. I think it will be an excellent snuggle-in-the-couch blanket. I found a very large piece of soft wool (?) suiting material at a thrift store, which I'll use for the back.



I also made this wool diaper cover, which uploaded sideways for some reason. It was a really quick project. I plan to make more, and perhaps lanolize them. 

1 comments:

Andrea said...

It's always a treat to see a new post from you.

That blanket does look very snuggly. I like your color scheme. The shades of blue work very well together.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates