Mei Tai Carrier

I made a mei tai style carrier recently. It was pretty simple. The most challenging part was nursing my sewing machine through its snarled thread tantrums.
I almost dropped way too much money at JoAnn's Fabrics on 2 yards of heavyweight material, but then I came across some great finds at my favorite thrift store so spent about $3 for fabric. (It has some metallic threads in it, and I used heavy denim on the inside of the main panel). I also spent about that much on a spool of heavy-duty thread, which I used all of. I used leftover fleece from a previous project as padding in the shoulder and waist straps.
Turns out the waist straps are way too long, but I can cut them. It is weird to tie on right now as my tummy is so huge, but my cousins gave me this sweet stuff wolf last weekend so I gave him a ride in it. We'll see how it works with a real person later. 


2 comments:

Andrea said...

You look so cute! I like your wolf carrier. Great fabric choice. You're so resourceful--the fleece sounds great.

Kate Bierma Marshak said...

looks great Hope! I'm impressed. My mei tai carrier has too long of straps as well causing tangling delays. proper strap length seems key!

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates