Mothercraft

Life is different now, but crafting is still one of the most satisfying things to me. I love having time off from work that gives me time (and inspiration) to make things, when the baby sleeps. 


Yesterday I went to a baby-wearing group and learned how to do the Poppins carry with a woven wrap. I love it! I haven't been carrying her much in the house yet, but she fell asleep for a long time when I tied her on like this. 


I almost spent $6 on a pacifier clip, but a quick search for a DIY tutorial confirmed my suspicion these are exceedingly easy to make. I used a 50% off coupon at Joann's Fabrics to buy the suspender clip. I'll make more. 


I made this baby scale sling as a thank-you gift for my midwives. I bought the 2-inch D-rings  and 3/4 yard fleece at Joann's Fabrics. Cost about $4 total. Basically, I just hemmed the edges, and made a casing on both ends to thread the D-ring through. 


The first thing I sewed after L. was born was this little suit out of a shrunken cashmere sweater. It's the softest thing ever. I cut up an old polyester sleeper along the seams so I could have a pattern for the pieces, and I also ripped out the snap strip to use for a closure. 

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay! Glad you are having fun crafting. You look so beautiful!!

A cashmere sleeper for a baby--how luxurious! The fit looks great.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates