A friend passed on to me this men's size Large cashmere sweater with a few moth holes last summer.
I decided I wanted to make a sleep sack. You can buy wool ones, but they aren't this soft and cost $100. Most sacks seem to be made of poly-fleece, which just sounds awfully sweaty to me. I also love wool because it needs less washing due to it's inherent anti-microbial nature. This was perfect! I cut off the arms, slit the shoulders, added some plastic snaps around the neck hole, and added a zipper to the bottom for diaper-changing. (I just took the zipper from an old junk sweater.)
I thought I might finish the shoulders in a nice way or add more snaps, but then she was born. It is the best feeling in a world to hold a squishy infant in a cashmere sack! For now, she sleeps in a cotton swaddle with this over it. I like knowing that she can stay warm all night but not overheat. Her favorite part of the day is when I undo her swaddle and she gets to kick around and wave her arms in this sack.
2 comments:
How luxurious! It looks baby-approved. She's already showing so much personality.
This is so great!
Post a Comment