Knots, Nursing Scarf, and Binky Buddy


This week I met up with some other women with a reservoir of knowledge about using a woven wrap to carry babies. I learned how to "crochet" the wrap so that it maintains tension while not in use and makes the fiber more flexible and soft. It also makes it way more efficient to store.


Before L. was born, I decided to try to make myself a nursing scarf. I used a half yard of cotton gauze and added some regular fabric to make it more interesting. My concentration must have been compromised, because I ended up ripping out, repositioning, and cutting the print fabric several times, so it looks like a hack job now, and is stiff so it doesn't lay nicelly. 

\
It expands quite a lot to cover any nursing action.

 I've never used it. Living in this hippie town allows me laxity with public breastfeeding. 


Amazon sells Wubbanub pacifier friends for $13, which is essential a small Beanie Baby sewed onto a pacifier. I saved $12.25 by buying a real Beanie Baby at the thrift store, washing it, and sewing the Soothie tab into a slit I cut in it's face. I used dental floss as thread to make it very strong. This this is magic! 


1 comments:

Andrea said...

Very cool ideas!

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates