Sneaking in Sewing


This is a little rattle toy I made from a pattern in a book called Simple Sewing for Baby. I put a jingle bell inside. She really likes this, as I can shake it at her and it's head whips back and forth, and I can prop it between her knees when she's in the bouncer and it stays within reach. We call it "hee-haw." 


Today I made suck pads for our CatBird carrier, which has larger-than-average straps. I had to amend a pattern I found online, and was shocked how much fabric it took. I used an entire fat quarter! For the absorbent layer I used a really thin vintage towel. They ended up looking like huge burp rags wrapped around the carrier straps. 

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I love the name Hee-Haw. Fun fabric choice.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates