There were a few reasons I was particularly thrilled to find out I'd had a daughter.
One was that I could make her bonnets.
I made a neat one last week, but can't seem to find it.
Here's one I made tonight out of an old embroidered pillowcase. This fabric is on its third life; I wore it as a skirt 4 Easters ago. I wrote about it on this blog exactly 4 years and 1 day ago.
I also made much smaller suck pads for a baby carrier. I used little scraps to make them quilt-pieced, which was fun and quick on such a small scale. This time I used itty bitty snaps for the closure, which took a lot more time than sewing in velcro, but this afternoon someone told me that babies sometimes suck the velcro and abrade their faces, so I guess it was a good choice.
8 months ago
1 comments:
The yellow is a beautiful choice for the inside! It's a lovely bonnet. I bet it's darling on her. In related news, I'm rereading the Little House on the Prairie series and it is delightful. Bonnets for everyone!
Also, "bonnet drama" is my favorite name for the genre of British shows based on Austen novels, etc.
Post a Comment