High-Waisted Bikini a.k.a. Mama swimsuit

I made a high-waisted bikini from a Me Sew Crazy tutorial tonight while R. took the baby to church. I thought it might be the kind of thing to hide my stretch marks and also allow for nursing.

I bought some kelly green swimsuit material from Joann's with a 60% off coupon (still not cheap!) but then I found 1.5 yards of this lycra at the thrift store for $1, and thought it might be good to practice first, as I've never sewn with knits before. It reminds me of the mid-'90s, not sure whether it was stylish back then, or I was just ten years old and wore prints like this.


Anyway, I was shocked how well the bottoms fit, as this is always a difficulty I have with bathing suits. The top isn't the most secure, which is even more important these days when I can use all the containment and support I can get. But, I can wear it to Baby Swim and now I have the courage to try my kelly green fabric. 

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I am seriously impressed! I love how 50s it is.

Kelly green is my favorite shade of green. Good luck!

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates