Teething tinctures and a woolie.

Tonight I started 2 tinctures. I anticipate teething will start soon, and I want to be prepared. The larger jar is chamomile tincture, which is touted to be quite versatile and calming. I used a tutorial from Wellness Mama. I combined 1 cup chamomile stems and flowers with 1 & 3/4 c. boiling water in a quart jar, then filled it the rest of the way with 100 proof vodka. It needs 6 weeks to stew. 

The tiny jar is a teething-specific tincture, recipe courtesy of Modern Alternative Mama. 1/2 Tbsp cloves, 2 Tbsp catnip, 2 oz water, 2 oz vegetable glycerin. 


I made this little wool blankey before L. was born from the leftover felted sweater squares cut for my larger wool blanket that didn't quite fit with the color scheme or were just extra. Initially I thought I might lanolize it and use it as a peepad on her changing table, but I don't want to be handwashing something each time it gets poopy. I just use it has a blanket on the floor now. 

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Tinctures? Cool!

I've never seen catnip in a recipe for humans. Hope both potions work out well. :)

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates