8 months ago
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My most recent project is a toddler carrier for a family member with a 2 year old. I kind of customized a few ideas to utilize material I had and used measurements from toddler carriers I saw online. It's basically a mei tai, but with wide straps and a buckle waist.
I used a handwoven table runner from Central America as the panel; strong and grippy. This approximates babywearing wrap material, which is prohibitively expensive. I had to chop it to the right size and hem it. I used several yards of denim to make wide wrap-type straps that distribute weight more broadly. And I used a parachute buckle and webbing for the waist strap, basically just to keep the bottom in place while the straps get wrapped. And heavy duty thread everywhere, of course.
I'm pretty proud of it. Have yet to try it out on an actual toddler. I hope it works!
Investigation, Experimentation, and Modification.
Toddler Carrier
Posted by
Hope
on Thursday, May 26, 2016
Labels:
sewing
My most recent project is a toddler carrier for a family member with a 2 year old. I kind of customized a few ideas to utilize material I had and used measurements from toddler carriers I saw online. It's basically a mei tai, but with wide straps and a buckle waist.
I used a handwoven table runner from Central America as the panel; strong and grippy. This approximates babywearing wrap material, which is prohibitively expensive. I had to chop it to the right size and hem it. I used several yards of denim to make wide wrap-type straps that distribute weight more broadly. And I used a parachute buckle and webbing for the waist strap, basically just to keep the bottom in place while the straps get wrapped. And heavy duty thread everywhere, of course.
I'm pretty proud of it. Have yet to try it out on an actual toddler. I hope it works!
A.K.A. "Experiments With Stuff I Like"
Blog Archive
Labels
- baby (14)
- baking (8)
- body care (30)
- byproduct (11)
- cleaning (4)
- clothing (9)
- compost (2)
- decorating (21)
- fermentation (13)
- food (83)
- food preservation (20)
- foraging (9)
- fruit (10)
- furniture (9)
- gleaning (13)
- greens (9)
- growing plants (41)
- handcrafts (30)
- herbal remedies (25)
- offals (6)
- outside the lines (15)
- recipes (19)
- reduce (7)
- relationships (2)
- reuse (25)
- sewing (19)
- soaking grains (2)
- travel (7)
My Blog List
-
-
1 year ago
-
3 years ago
-
4 years ago
-
4 years ago
-
5 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
7 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1 comments:
You're the MacGyver of crafts! I love that you used a table runner.
Post a Comment