Since pregnancy, only one of my belts fits me anymore. And this particular belt had a buckle that was hanging on loosely by a very strong piece of cord that I kept retying through the holes each time it loosened. It wasn't cutting it anymore. There I was, starting to slim down just a little bit, postpartum pants starting to sag away with no belt!
I started looking for new belts. Did you know that genuine leather belts cost like $40 new!?!
Then, I went to MECCA, the arts & crafts supply donation/thrift store, on a whim and found THESE belt studs for a quarter:
I didn't even know the vocabulary for such an item--didn't know it existed! I put them on my belt, and it is good as new! No more loose buckle! Since they originally retailed for 35 cents, I'm guessing they were manufactured before I was born. But, I know they were meant for me.
How could something so perfect find me at just the right time? The metaphysical world is palpable.
8 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment