Pack 'N Play Mattress

Baby can crawl now, so we got this Pack 'N Play to contain her when we need to shower, etc. Someday maybe she'll even snooze in there. But there is a hard, cardboard bottom to these things, which I wouldn't want to sit, nevermind lie, on. So I wanted a mattress, but didn't want to pay a lot of money. I also channel my parental anxiety into targets like toxic bedding, so it had to be flame-retardant-free. 

So, I went to Natural Grocers and bought about 12 or so 1 lb. bags of organic buckwheat hulls for $1.50 a piece. Then I cut a really old bed sheet down to fit, made some long channels, and filled them with hulls. It is a very forgiving design. It is pretty nice, and I think she's more content sitting in there now. It's kind of like a beanbag-chair sensation. Way cheaper than any other solution, and my mind can rest easy. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates