For Liefde's transition from floor bed to crib, I wanted a cozy, warm sheet for her. I couldn't find anything in my thrifty price range, so I decided to make one. It was a lot easier than I thought. I went to Joann's a picked out bright, cheerful fabric, but then the cutting line was too long and I had to leave so I ended up getting the only flannel they happened to have at my local charity shop.
Also, these are L's first shoes, which I made from thin leather I got from a thrifted $1 pleated, suede skort. I sewed them on the sewing machine, and added elastic so they can't fall off. I hot-glued rosettes on for decoration. I was very pleased!
1 comments:
I loved seeing an update from you! The shoes are darling.
And the Jo-Ann's line! It can be killer! Sometimes I'll get in the cutting line while my mom is still shopping to reserve her a place.
Post a Comment