![]() |
| Not our actual hinge, but a good representation. |
At some undetermined point, the door hinges on all our interior doors got very squeaky. This meant that we didn't close the baby's bedroom door after putting her to sleep, didn't put things away or organize the linen/utility closet while she was sleeping, avoided going to the bathroom during naptime, and were afraid to open and close our own bedroom door for fear of waking her. It was pretty ridiculous.
So, this week I finally got around to looking up how to fix a squeaky hinge. I got our miniature hammer and mini screwdriver, and tapped away at the hinge pins at an angle for probably like an hour total. They had all been painted over. Then, I greased the pins with avocado oil on a paper towel. The difference is astounding! I can do anything and everything while baby sleeps, especially because we can shut her door now! Why did I wait this long? (The simple answer is, because I didn't know how to fix the problem).

0 comments:
Post a Comment