Choco-banana treats.

Somehow we ended up with a bunch of very overripe bananas in my household last week. Banana muffins were made, and still there were more browning bananas! I just had no appetite for any more banana bread, banana creme pie, or even a smoothie. So I searched for more ideas...and tried this:


Here we have four peeled bananas in a ziploc bag. Mushed with a fork.

Then I put cookie cutters on a plate and filled the interior cavity with banana mush.

 I put saran wrap over the plate and froze them overnight. This morning I removed the frozen banana shapes from their molds, melted chocolate chips, added a wee bit of milk, and pour over the banana shapes. Then I put back in the freezer.


Unfortunately, I should have used more toothpicks to keep the saran wrap from adhering to the chocolate. (I also might have waited till it it had become hard to remove from the freezer and photograph). I know...a little disappointing-looking, huh? I've never been too great at chocolate-covering things. It must be an art.

I'll let you know how they taste another day!

1 comments:

Amber said...

You can also put brown bananas in the freezer for later when you're not already overwhelmed with banana bread/muffins.

I have to do that because I usually only have one banana and it's not enough for bread.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates