First Fruits!

Guess what! Today I brought wire snips to the garden to free my runaway cucumber plant from the trap it got itself into by growing through a roll of chicken wire. The 1-inch itty-bitty cukes had turned into FULL SIZE mamas somewhere over the last 3-6 days! I see some cucumber salad in my future...

Check out those good-looking green guys!
I also picked a bunch more purslane, which must know I like it, because my garden beds are rife with the stuff--no other weed compares. Last week I put some in this veggie dish (squash, carrots, onions, mint):


On the downside, during the hour I was in the garden this morning, someone cut through my bike lock and stole it. No one has ever stolen anything from me before--well, except my Chinese jumprope in 4th grade.  I walked home. Luckily, it wasn't an expensive bike, I wasn't emotionally attached, and it was kind of too small for me anyway--though it was a nice, smooth, quick ride and a brilliant blue color. I'll miss it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates