Min.t.ea.

I have one chocolate mint plant in the garden which is very productive and always expanding! The only way I've found to keep up with the abundance of mint without letting it go bad (or making a ton of dried mint) is to make it into tea.

First I boil water. When it comes to a boil and I've rinsed off the mint, I throw a bunch of it in the water and take it off the heat. (Once I let it boil a bit with the leaves in there, and it turned the liquid darker).  I let it the solution sit for awhile, then remove the leaves. Then add ice!

I like putting this in my water bottle to take to work because it gives the successive 2-3 water fill-ups a hint of mint as well. No sugar needed. Very calming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates