Yesterday I actually did a little internet research for directions, and more informed-ly tried putting thin beet slices in the oven at 300 for 20 minutes. Then more time when that didn't work. They were gross. Ugh, another failure. I give up. I'll eat my beets the regular way!
There is a chip success story too, though. I am very fond of eating hummus and pita chips for breakfast, snack, or lunch. I make my own hummus now in the blender, and figured I could make chips too! (I did the per-ounce calculation at the grocery store, and it is cheaper to buy fresh pita bread than the chips). This time, wisely, I sought out instructions before attempting this.
- First, I cut the pitas into wedges and pulled the two sides apart. Put them on a baking stone.
- Then, drizzle some drops of olive oil on with a spatula (or basting brush if you have one).
- Sprinkle sea salt on. Generously.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 300 degrees and check.
Interestingly, the chips on my baking stone turned out perfectly, but the ones in my glass casserole dish were a little soggy and needed extra time.
I will admit they are not as delectable as the Stacy's Sea Salt kind from the store, but they are whole wheat, and do scoop hummus.
0 comments:
Post a Comment