In a drawer I found some paper doilies purchased by my grandma about 17 years ago and used them to make a doily garland, a la this:
| ||||
| (not my picture) |
I just cut the doilies in half, then strung them together using some glittered white yarn leftover from a Barbie crochet kit left to die in the basement since about 1991.
We also made crepe paper roses, using a roll of red crepe paper found in the basement, and assorted-colored pipe-cleaners left from mom's Sunday school teaching days. Plus some shiny gift ribbon for pizzaz. (look for centerpiece below church ladies)
The crepe paper roses were tied atop a stack of 3 books to make our centerpieces. R. was very particular about which books we'd include, so they reflected our likes and leanings; I was particular that the faux-leatherbound classics that belonged to my grandparents be the top book.
And, of course, no better time than a wedding to break out the Dutch and Frisian flags that live in the basement....
I don't have any pictures, but we also made a timeline of our relationship, chronicling how we met, grew closer, and ended up married. We used pictures, dates, and explanation on a piece of foam board.
| Saying vows...the second time. |
1 comments:
Cool! If you get any pics of the timeline I'd like to see it!
Post a Comment