Eugene is delightful because of bulk-buying. (By which I mean, fill your own container and pay per pound, not huge Costco/BJs packages). Not only can you get most foods, but also dish soap, shampoo, lotion, etc! I did ounce-by ounce-calculations and figured that we pay $2 on top of the price of shampoo just for the plastic bottle. Why would I pay $2 for a piece of recycling fodder if I don't have to?
Today I tried a shampoo bar made by some local company. I loved it!!!! Previously I had one from my friend's Etsy shop, and when she quit making them I bought from another Etsian who I won't mention because the product was inferior.
I love shampoo bars! They are simple, economical, and eco-friendly. Almost no packaging, no fuel wasted transporting water, you can bring them on airplanes, and they double as body soap when traveling. And, nasty-chemical-free. You also eliminate the minute hassle of flipping/twisting open a bottle, squeezing out just the right amount, and trying to distribute it evenly. With a bar, I just grab it, rub it on my scalp a little, and then it produces TONS of suds! You get so squeaky clean, and there is enough oil in bar that you don't need conditioner. J.R. Liggetts is probably the best-known bar shampoo because the company is really old--you can buy them on Amazon if you don't have health stores nearby. LUSH also makes them, but they are marked up at least double for the luxury factor of that store.
Additionally, it's day 1 of my sugar fast. So far, I've made no adjustments to my normal routine, and don't crave anything. I think I'm significantly less addicted to sugar than I was a year ago.
8 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment