Silk Chocolate

It's day 3 of Sugar Fast 2012. I'm doing just fine, a little hungry sometimes. I had to start over on Tuesday because I ate some cake at school on Monday. It was unfortunate because I didn't even crave it, I was just really hungry at the end of my 14.5-continuous-hours-away-from-home day and had run out of food!

Anyway, last night I was actually wanting a yummy treat, so I decided to make hot chocolate in a healthy way. I warmed up a mug of Original flavor Silk. My cheapo grocery doesn't carry the "unsweetened" kind so there are 5g of evaporated cane juice in every cup, which turned out to be enough sweetener to carry the drink! I'd taken the honey out in case, but I didn't even need it. I just added a spoonful of dutch baking cocoa to the soy milk, and it was really rich and yummy!

In years past I've never liked hot chocolate from scratch because it's so hard to tamp down the bitterness of Hershey's baking cocoa. The type I used was from the bulk bin and said, "Dutch." Maybe that was the difference.

I have noticed sweetness in unusual places though--like pecans. Maybe 3 days is enough to make my tongue more sensitized?

1 comments:

Gina said...

So I've recently started on a lifestyle change for this year and I've decided to do the two week sugar fast. Today is day four for me. My weakness is bread/pasta. However, I'm on day four of this cleanse and still going strong. I think i'll last the two weeks

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates