Magnesium Spray and Dry Shampoo

No time for projects these days. Maybe next summer I will. It seems like just the other day I was showing off the quilt top I made over Christmas break last year, and guessing it would take me a whole year to attach backing and quilt it. Now, it's November, and I haven't touched it. This year has gone so fast!  I attribute this to completing my first 12 consecutive months of employment since I gradated from college, and only having one week off from school in the last 11 months. Plus, internship.

Anyway, I made this dry shampoo quite a while ago, and have been using it a lot lately. On days when I don't want to shower but want my hair to look clean, I sprinkle it on my scalp, scrub it it like I'm shampooing it, and then brush my hair a little so it doesn't look like I'm going gray from the powder. It only takes about a teaspoon. Works quite well! Looks like my Pinterest link to the recipe is broken, but it was something like:

  • 2 Tbl Organic Arrowroot Powder
  • 2 Tbl Kaolin Clay
  • 1 Tsp Organic Horsetail Powder

Hair powder on the left, magnesium oil on the right. 

I also started taking Vitamin D recently to help me keep up with my busy schedule, and it opened my eyes to the importance of vitamins, which I do not take, even after making my own vitamin tincture. I felt a real difference!
So, I decided to pay more attention to giving my body the vitamins and minerals it needs. To start, I made my own magnesium oil spray, because magnesium is really important for immune function*,and is best absorbed transdermally. Plus, a spray is much more fun to use than swallowing a capsule!
So, I bought a packed of Ancient Minerals magnesium flakes from Amazon.com and diluted 1/2 cup of magnesium flakes into 1 cup boiling water. Put it in a spray bottle, and there you go. I give myself a spritz or two per day, and rub it in if it runs. 

*Magnesium is also good to detoxify the body of heavy metals, prevent Alzheimer's, combat inflammation, and about one billion other things. Eating sugar really depletes your magnesium, which means I need to replace some of mine!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates