Simplest Nutritious Candy

I have made yummy, nutritious chocolate peanut butter cups before, but I found an even easier recipe this week courtesy of the Imperfect Homemaker, so I tried it. 

All you do is combine 1/2 c. coconut oil, 1/2 c. natural peanut butter, and 1/2 c. honey is a saucepan and melt together. Then, remove from heat and whisk in 1/4 c. cocoa powder. 

I used a silicone ice cube tray for a mold, because it makes them easy to pop out. It also happens to make them look like oversize dice. 

The recipe is okay, although I prefer my old one which keeps chocolate and PB layers separate. I would use less honey if I made it again, maybe reduce to 1/3 c. or something. 

 They are tasty, though. 


Also, I taught Rob how to make yogurt this week, and he successfully made some individual-size honey-sweetened berry-flavored yogurts for himself. I am happy--less packaging waste, less cost, less plasticizers and other suspect agents in his system.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates