8 months ago
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This morning, I was organizing my secondary spice rack when I found a ziploc of dried stevia leaves that I grew about 2 years ago. (Sadly, the plant died under my care). I was saving them for some future use. Just this week, I came across at article about how all the mainstream stevia products sold in stores actually have more artificial sweetener in them than stevia. But, there were simple instructions for making your own extract from the actual plant.
So I'm trying it. Dry leaves in a jar (probably 1/4 cup?), filled to the brim with vodka. I swirled it around, and the little bit that leaked is already green. We'll see what it tastes like in about 8 weeks.
Investigation, Experimentation, and Modification.
Stevia Extract
Posted by
Hope
on Sunday, February 2, 2014
Labels:
growing plants,
recipes
This morning, I was organizing my secondary spice rack when I found a ziploc of dried stevia leaves that I grew about 2 years ago. (Sadly, the plant died under my care). I was saving them for some future use. Just this week, I came across at article about how all the mainstream stevia products sold in stores actually have more artificial sweetener in them than stevia. But, there were simple instructions for making your own extract from the actual plant.
So I'm trying it. Dry leaves in a jar (probably 1/4 cup?), filled to the brim with vodka. I swirled it around, and the little bit that leaked is already green. We'll see what it tastes like in about 8 weeks.
A.K.A. "Experiments With Stuff I Like"
Blog Archive
Labels
- baby (14)
- baking (8)
- body care (30)
- byproduct (11)
- cleaning (4)
- clothing (9)
- compost (2)
- decorating (21)
- fermentation (13)
- food (83)
- food preservation (20)
- foraging (9)
- fruit (10)
- furniture (9)
- gleaning (13)
- greens (9)
- growing plants (41)
- handcrafts (30)
- herbal remedies (25)
- offals (6)
- outside the lines (15)
- recipes (19)
- reduce (7)
- relationships (2)
- reuse (25)
- sewing (19)
- soaking grains (2)
- travel (7)
My Blog List
-
-
1 year ago
-
3 years ago
-
4 years ago
-
4 years ago
-
5 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
7 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
0 comments:
Post a Comment