Distraction Action

I've got that project urge again--not sure if it's approaching spring or just because the final version of my clinical portfolio for my master's degree is due in two weeks, but I've craved doing something and seeing results lately. 

  1. Yesterday, I harvested ONE GALLON of black gold from my worm bins. I had to pick a lot of tiny worms out, which was therapeutic, if not thoroughly done because I do have some time limits. it is encouraging to see the worms doing so well. I should feed them more often. 


  2. I also started a "male formula" herbal multivitamin for Rob using a recipe from Modern Alternative Mama. Still need to find some more no-spray dandelion leaves to add, they don't carry those at my natural foods store.



  3. I also made some salmon jerky, which is a definite splurge. I bought 4 oz of smoked salmon (had to look a few different places before I found one at Trader Joe's that didn't have Red #40 in it), marinated it, sliced it, and dehydrated it. Delicious! A nice nibble when you come home from work with blood sugar so low it's hard to think.


  4. I also tried two hair experiments. My hair has been very, very frizzy lately so I tried to make a flyaway spray using 1 tbsp apricot oil and 1/4 cup water. It works for about 10 minutes, or until you put your bike helmet on. I also tried washing my hair with diluted honey for the first time, which didn't work at all. It was still oily. I guess it's time to reboot the search for a good non-toxic shampoo that I can afford.


  5. Last but not least, I tried soaking rice for the first time. I just covered the rice with warm water, added a tablespoon of kombucha, and let it sit for 8 hours. After cooking the rice like normal, it was plumper and fluffier than normal. I didn't get the printout from my cells, but supposedly soaking makes the nutrients easier to absorb. I think I'll keep doing it when I remember. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates