Tonight I made "butter buttons" candy using a tutorial from The Elliot Homestead that I'd had pinned for a long time. I've been shopping at Trader Joe's a lot more lately as I've focused more on avoiding GMO foods and always check out their sample kitchen. One morning, they were sampling omelets with Kerrygold butter. I did a double take. I'd been looking for Kerrygold butter in stores for months and even considered a Costco membership (nope) to obtain this grass-fed butter!!! So, I picked some up.
The butter buttons are a high fat, low sugar treat. A lot healthier for me than popping chocolate chips as I am in the habit of doing. They require 2 sticks of butter, 2-3 tsp cinnamon, and 3-4 tbsp honey or maple syrup (I used a mix). Essentially, they are pepernoten without anise or flour. I love them! Yum. They are a little addictive.
| They are each about the size of a peanut. Or cashew, where I went a little heavy-handed. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment