So, I bought a 6'x9' canvas dropcloth from Lowe's and about 8 little jars of paint samples from MECCA's secondhand craft store for 10 cents a piece. Using a ruler, pencil, and masking tape, I measured, made designs, and painted them. It probably took on the order of 5 hours--I know because I watched an entire Duggar wedding special and listened to some podcasts. This was a great project while Rob was gone for a week. After it dried, I painted the whole thing with 32 ounces worth of Mod Podge to seal the top. So, all it all it cost about $20 to make.
The surface is a little tacky, and chair legs make impressions on it, but it is sweepable. It also shows me just how much junk ends up on the floor that used to be hidden by our brown speckle carpet. Who knows if it will stand the test of time, but for now it's making things a little more exciting in here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment