Home Remedies

1. Recently I had the beginning of a canker sore inside my mouth. Usually, this would get progressively worse over about 3 days and then last a week. This time, I started swishing a teaspoon of coconut oil around in my mouth for 15 minutes as soon as I got up, and by day 3 the canker sore was totally gone and healed! I was pretty impressed! The one day I forgot to do it, it definitely flared and then settled down again after another oil "pull." I'm a convert.

2. Yesterday I woke up with the beginnings of an awful cold. It came on fast and hard with no warning, but I'm pretty sure I picked it up the day before since I was working at a doctor's office. 

My nose was literally running like a faucet with really powerful sneezes and head congestion, spaciness, and malaise all day. By evening I had body aches and was miserable. I jumped right on it with:
Breakfast: 1.25 tsp Scout Out herbal liquid, 1000mg Vitamin C tablet, eucalyptus steam
Mid-Morning: Cold Care tea by Traditional Medicinals

Dinner 1000mg Vitamin C tablet, 1.25 tsp Scout Out herbal liquid, fresh homemade chicken broth soup for supper.
Bedtime: My normal vitamins, 1.25 Scout Out herbal liquid, 1 tsp fermented cod liver oil, and 16 oz water with 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar. 
It was my first time using Scout Out, a product of Trilight Health that I had a store credit for a while back. They make liquid herbal formulas for many ailments. It is handy to have it pre-made instead of having to research, run to the health food store, and then concoct my own potion when I already feel bad. I should stock up!
The apple cider vinegar-in-water was a remedy I found online while trying to combat my sinus headache without taking an over-the-counter NSAIDS. It cleared my sinuses and reduced the headache, but I wanted to sleep really well so I gave in and took some Walgreens nighttime cold tablets. 

Results: I woke up this morning with zero sinus pain, no congestion, no nose-running, but did have a sore throat and some body aches. Luckily, it's my day off so I can rest. Again, I am pretty impressed how efficiently the body can recover when it's provided a lot of ammunition. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates