Detox Cupping

Today I tried cupping for the first time. The practitioner put these small glass cups upside down on the back of my shoulder/upper back where she said toxins collect. Then she uses a suction tube to vacuum air out of the cup and create a pulling effect. After 5 minutes, she took them off. 

The darker the mark, the more "indicated" the treatment, she says. 

Back of my left shoulder.

I guess I needed it?

Though it looks frightful, it only made my skin somewhat tender. It doesn't hurt to press on the marks, but when I move my shoulders around I can feel it in the stretch.  

The idea is that toxins trapped in the muscle layer are pulled to the surface where the body can easily sweep them into the waste system for disposal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates