No Place Like Home: Under the Rainbow

A significant focus of mine over the last half-year has been doing whatever is in my power to make our apartment feel like a home. A while back I became intensely aware of the big, white, vacuous space on our main living room wall. So, I made something the simplest thing I could think of to add some color.

 It quite a bit of time to sew all the individual pieces, even though I did it the lazy way and left raw edges.
 It's just a big piece of muslin, with a lot of little scrap pieces of cloth sewn into groups. I learned how to disengage the feed dogs on my sewing machine to sew freestyle, but that method seemed to get the thread knotty way too often. Most of them I just straight-stitched back and forth over so it would stay adhered to the cloth.
We uses thumbtacks to hang it up. The photo makes it look a little droopier than it looks in real life. It feels a little more lively in here now, but this won't be a family heirloom by any means...or probably even follow us in our next out-of-state move.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates