This is the little bed we have behind our apartment. The last week here has been a warm one, and we can see our salad greens, kale, and cabbage growing every day. It is thrilling! I ate my first arugula yesterday. We planted this stuff when Betsy was visiting in March.
Our bigger garden is also getting into decent shape. I'm drawing a hard line of defense against slug attacks this year. I don't know whether it's working, or whether the hot sun has been what's keeping them at bay, but most of our seedlings are unravished. In the past week I've planted rhubarb, artichoke, and chard. The broccoli, kale, and cabbages are inching upwards too. Planting seeds or seedlings reminds me of a "matching grant" in a way--if you can spare only a few minutes to pop them in the ground, the rest will pretty much happen on it's own, and multiply itself many times over. Early investment is worth it.
8 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment