UnderCover Pillow

This morning was one of those once-in-a-blue-moon occasions where I woke up extremely early in a state of unrelenting alertness. At 5:30 I got up and, too tired to study, decided to indulge in what I've craved for so long--sewing. It is so relaxing and gratifying to me! 
 
Last night it occurred to me that we have had ugly throw pillows on the couch for the last 21 months, and I've never done anything about it.When I last wrote in critique of faux-art DIY projects, I think I was just ready to hatch the realization that we don't have the peaceful, aesthetically-pleasing environment that I'm coming to realize I desire. I've never known how to make a space feel and look lovely. It's concern that doesn't surface until the tyranny of the urgent takes a break. I'm still under the thumb of the Urgent, (mostly school-related) but I have less tolerance for it during the summer.
 
 So, this morning I made a pillow cover.
 
Original pillow on the left, and the covered pillow on the right.

I used a leftover piece of coarse muslin, and a piece of lace from a flea market. The muslin wasn't quite big enough, so there is a purple "envelope" strip on the back. I need to stretch the lace a little more--it fits different on and off the pillow.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Ooh, the covered one is really pretty.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates