Starting today, I am taking up the week-long Sugar Free Challenge along with other readers of The Nourishing Gourmet blog. Basically, this means I will avoid processed sugar, white flour, and as much natural sweetener (re: honey) as possible for one week.
I am eager to learn more about the way the body functions in response to what we fuel/fill ourselves with. Recently I've read about gut flora--all the microorganisms that live in our tummies. It appears they have an awful lot to do with immunity, mental & physical health, allergies, and more! What kind of organisms you have in the belly depend on several factors, but obviously largely on what food/food-like substances you put in there. I don't hope to attain Perfect Health, but I'd like to avoid unwittingly causing harm or trouble to my body. It's easy to do these days.
I accidentally ate a Dannon Yogurt cup this morning before I realized it was the 17th--Day One.Whoops. Back on the bandwagon I go.
8 months ago
1 comments:
Best of luck! I hope you find some extra pep in your step.
Post a Comment