Unsweetened is Sweet!

I did it!

I completed the Sugar Free Challenge pretty successfully. There were a few times I ate pizza made with white flour or a teeny bit of white pasta, but overall I stuck with it. No dessert/chocolate/etc. It felt GREAT!! The biggest thing I noticed was what a fantastic mood I've been in the last several days. I feel more energetic, clear-headed, and just plain happy than I have in a long time! This was quite unexpected, and feels like a real gift. It's definitely "re-learning the wheel" in a very basic way--learning what eating is supposed to be. You know, before everything was sweetened to tap into our survival-mode biological wiring and entice us to eat more, more, more of their, their, their processed food (um...why is there sugar in my whole wheat bread?).

I ate a few cookies today just because I could, but I think I'm going to keep walking in the unsweetened direction. It feels too good not to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates