Allergy Tonic



Last year during my first autumn in Chicago, I started suffering from seasonal allergies for the first time in my life. They are back again this year--bad sometimes--and as I've always been a wary pill-popper, I don't want to down a Walgreen's antihistamine tablet on a daily basis. Recently I found an herbal remedy on Passionate Homemaking and have tried it several times. The sneezing & runny nose situation improved noticeably, but I can't really determine whether the stuff works or the impending frost was just tamping down airborne allergens. It sure feels healthy going down though! The honey sweetens the situation enough so it just tastes like a weak apple juice.

Allergy Tonic
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Honey 
8 oz water

Apparently apple cider vinegar boosts the immune system and provides lots of potassium.Cool.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I've heard that vinegar can be a good appetite suppressant, too.

Sounds like you're doing some neat stuff!

-Andrea

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates