8 months ago
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I got the idea for this wallet at a craft fair and tried it at home. It's made from a used Tyvec mailing envelope, which consists of flashspun high-density polyethylene fibers that prevent it from being torn. I secured the pockets with white glue and hand-sewing. It has a billfold and holds 4 credit cards. I decorated the front by painting over some leaves to leave the negative image. (It is a bad idea to use finger paint for this--the next time it hit 80 degrees, it melted off...onto my pocket.). I used a small, round piece of Velcro as a closure.
I don't always like carrying a bag, so this wallet is good to just slip in the back pocket of jeans, where it becomes invisible since it is so thin.
Investigation, Experimentation, and Modification.
Thin-As-A-Dime Wallet
Posted by
Hope
on Saturday, October 3, 2009
Labels:
reuse
I got the idea for this wallet at a craft fair and tried it at home. It's made from a used Tyvec mailing envelope, which consists of flashspun high-density polyethylene fibers that prevent it from being torn. I secured the pockets with white glue and hand-sewing. It has a billfold and holds 4 credit cards. I decorated the front by painting over some leaves to leave the negative image. (It is a bad idea to use finger paint for this--the next time it hit 80 degrees, it melted off...onto my pocket.). I used a small, round piece of Velcro as a closure.
I don't always like carrying a bag, so this wallet is good to just slip in the back pocket of jeans, where it becomes invisible since it is so thin.
A.K.A. "Experiments With Stuff I Like"
Blog Archive
Labels
- baby (14)
- baking (8)
- body care (30)
- byproduct (11)
- cleaning (4)
- clothing (9)
- compost (2)
- decorating (21)
- fermentation (13)
- food (83)
- food preservation (20)
- foraging (9)
- fruit (10)
- furniture (9)
- gleaning (13)
- greens (9)
- growing plants (41)
- handcrafts (30)
- herbal remedies (25)
- offals (6)
- outside the lines (15)
- recipes (19)
- reduce (7)
- relationships (2)
- reuse (25)
- sewing (19)
- soaking grains (2)
- travel (7)
My Blog List
-
-
1 year ago
-
3 years ago
-
4 years ago
-
4 years ago
-
5 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
6 years ago
-
7 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
10 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
13 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
0 comments:
Post a Comment