Road Trip Treats.

This evening I am heading down to Waco, Texas with a van full of other Reba folks for the Shalom Mission Communities bi-annual camp meeting. It will be an 18-hour drive, so I am packing snacks!


This is a piece of "Applesnack"--a treat I've been wanting to make for a while from the More-With-Less cookbook. All you do is butter a cookie sheet, and shred apples onto it. Then bake at 225 degrees until the mush/shavings are dry. That took about two and a half hours. Then, break into pieces. It is very yummy!



Also, a few weeks ago, my housemate Doug found two acorn squash growing in his compost pile. When I cut them open, I realized that squash seeds look identical to pumpkin seeds, and as it turns out, roasting them is equally as common. So I just spread these on a cookie sheet with a dash of salt and baked them at 350 until I heard some seeds popping.  Yum!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope,

You might like this site: http://psimadethis.com/

I really liked their take on the jean purse and the tie dye shirt.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates