Cotton-pickin'

This weekend I went to a soap-making workshop at the World Hunger Relief Farm near Waco. It was neat, and I'd like to try it on my own, but I'll refrain from describing the process until I can report the results of personal experimentation. That will have to wait till I can justify a sizeable chunk of change for start-up materials. The question is, after spending $50 for bulk amounts of oils, lard, lye, and a scale, what will I do with the dozens of bars of soap I produce??

Driving home last night, the van stopped somewhere in Arkansas to switch drivers, when someone realized we'd parked beside a cotton field! Many of us had never seen cotton growing before, so it was quite exciting. Kate and I cleared a small ditch and picked some raw cotton. It's quite soft but for the seedy nubs in there. I often forget my t-shirts are made of plant material--I forget they ultimately come from somewhere besides "The Store."


I liked this sign at Waffle House in Texarkana.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Are donuts in danger?

I added another picture to the Robinette's post!

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates